Ann Arbor Links
Ann Arbor Links
with links to agendas, packets with supplemental info, other useful
projects, including details of the Broadway Village at Lowertown
Property tax records
etrakit, for various
planning and property information.
Road Spending, budget magnitudes
- City budget probably around
for roads, of a $400-million-ish city budget.
- But most road funding is state and federal, googling suggests about
$550 per person where that $10 million would be about $80 per Ann Arbor
resident, so spending on roads in the city could be another order of
General YIMBY issues
Random other sources
- semcog basic stats
including modal shares (under transportation tab) and commuters (under
Econony and jobs tab). Gives 128K jobs, 58K non-working residents, for
total 186K daytime population. 63K commute in, 16K out.
- See also this which gives
68K in, not sure why it's a little different. Gives numbers only for
2010 and 2013.
- more here?
Note Ann Arbor MSA is Washtenaw County. Numbers for city proper would
be more interesting (e.g. for comparison w/ commute numbers.)
Fred data for Ann
Arbor MSA, e.g., New Private
Housing Structures Authorized by Building Permits for Washtenaw County,
- population over time, # of units over time?
- How do I convert mils into funding totals for various property tax
recipients? (Equivalently: what is total taxable value for their
- Would like to understand school funding better.
- What's the effect of new development on AAPS? Do uncapped new property
taxes help or is that limited by statewide school funding rules?
Also todo: move this stuff to arborwiki where appropriate. Write some
longer stuff (e.g. on bogus "council gave up affordable housing units by
not zoning lowertown PUD" argument).